Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Alot has been happening!

Once again it seems like I just can't catch up so I'll try to fill you in a bit on what's been happening. First of all my sister and brother-in-law along with their two kids came to Kansas to visit! We had some good times! The kids pretty much kept themselves entertained and played and played and played! I'm so glad Jake and Abby have some special times with their cousins even though they don't get to see each other whenever they want. They were here to help Abby celebrate her 1st birthday! Pretty special for the birthday girl! It was nice to have some more kids there! While they were here they also had the chance to go visit some friends they have met through the trisomy 18 foundation. Two families over here close to where we used to live had babies with trisomy 18 around the time Kaleb was born. They were able to go meet these families and share similar stories in their journey of life. It was very special for them and I thank God they were able to do this!



Next Jake is back to school and ready for his first field trip! TO THE PUMPKIN PATCH! Abby and I had the privilege of going along with him and for the most part it was fun! You'll notice Abby wasn't so sure of some of the scarecrows:)












Last week Friday Jake had his first hospital visit... but just to get dental work done. He had so much to get done they actually just put him out. How I would enjoy that when I got dental work done:) He was perfect going in with the nurse but waking up from the anesthesia wasn't so

perfect. Overall he did great!










Next comes ARKALALAH... don't ask me what it stands for but it's the celebration of the town. They have a carnival a lighted parade, a kids parade and a very LONG parade... they have street games, lots of good food, races and more... it was a crazy last part to the week but it was fun!!












Last of our busy week we carved pumpkins... Jake's is a bat and abby's a cute little face! wow and can you believe its almost November!






3 comments:

Gledwood said...

They're wonderfully clear pictures... where in the USA are you from? I'm in London you see, so America is much of a muchness to me... I'd guess you're on the West Coast though..?

I will give your blog a shout on mine this afternoon (morning to you) as the pictures are so wonderful...

All the best!

from
Gledwood
"Vol 2"...

;->...

Carla Joy Proctor said...

we actually are in the middle of the usa... kansas to be exact. I'm originally from Washington State and lets just say it's even more beautiful than kansas!

Carla Joy Proctor said...

i should probably be clear that some of the pictures on our blog are from Washington State. We visit there a lot!